Highlights from the stage:
- It was a milestone to cross the Norwegian border!
- The hills are getting longer and steeper.
- Feeling the solitude. Not that there aren't any people but I don't talk with them other than the occasional curious person who asks about my trip.
- Deep: You go out on these journeys to realize an idea/dream (top of Maslow) and end up spending most time on the bottom of Maslow (food, shelter etc.). I guess this removes the noise in between (everyday life) which makes it special.
- I spooked a badger which was crossing the road but hadn't heard I was coming. I could hear the claws scraping the pavement as it sprinted back into the dense forest.
- I'm eating insane amounts of food.
- I'm starting to feel a deep tiredness. The bright nights makes it hard to sleep as it is only dark from 00-0330 and combined with long days in the saddle it's taking it's toll.
- First rain in a long time. To be continued...
- Evening swims are the best after a long day!
- Many places where I would just want to stop and then put time on hold.
- Ate half a pack of butter for lunch (with bread).
- Killed all life in the bay after washing my socks.